Xcom 2 character pool

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
Berelath

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:25 am

Hi Cohh, mods, subs and non-subs!

I guess many are hyped to play Xcom2 now. But would it not be really cool if everyone made a char and we put it in a "Cohhilition" character pool that anyone could download and use as their pool ingame? This is possible, just that someone need to collect and move into 1 file, then make able to download.

Take a look here:
[MEDIA=youtube]fo_AlvNvfa8[/MEDIA]

I could be doing the collecting if none of the mods want. Just make your char, export to a pool with your twitch name. Please no real names, lets use the twitch username, so people can reqognize in chat. Then I or if a mod whats to do it; Import it and move them to export pool list. cohhGG

PS: This pool is separate from Cohh's sub pool when he streams. For all, by all.
PS: The forum dont allow to upload *.bin files...? So need to rename to *.txt before upload. And rename to *.bin before you copy to My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\CharacterPool\Importable
CommanderFlynn

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:05 am

This is a really good idea.
Granted I'd have to make a soldier specifically for this (I have like, 3 different Flynn's. Ingame Flynn, One especially for my Flynn-Bomb moniker and a host of other OC characters I'm porting into the game got giggles)
I'm a gamer and I'm trying to become a novelist - albeit it's being very very slow.
But hey - never give up right?
And when in doubt, just keep swimming! =D
Berelath

Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:20 pm

[QUOTE="CommanderFlynn, post: 31797, member: 508"]This is a really good idea.
Granted I'd have to make a soldier specifically for this (I have like, 3 different Flynn's. Ingame Flynn, One especially for my Flynn-Bomb moniker and a host of other OC characters I'm porting into the game got giggles)[/QUOTE]
Just select one of them and change the name, export again to a different pool. I didnt get time to check out, but it seems it is limited to 3 pools?? If so just move the files before you export and you would get a new file with only the "Cohhilition". I would love to see you all ingame :D
Penoxi

Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:09 am

Should we use a specific naming rule or just throw something in while making sure the last name is our Twitch user name? I might make a few characters this morning depending how burnt out I am at the story.
Berelath

Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:17 am

Cool
Maybe just Cohhilition [Twitch name]
Reminds me to point out that its separate from Cohh's sub pool when he streams.
Berelath

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:46 pm

To get you going
http://www.pcgamer.com/best-xcom-2-sold ... 0&ns_fee=0

Bob Ross is there ^^
Berelath

Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:42 pm

Added myself as snow sniper
Added several character's from The Witcher. Credits to mmo-champion.com.
Still waiting for more people to add some :)

If you dont have Xcom, you can give a brief description of what you want to look like and I'll make the character for you.

* Nickname, gender and nationality.
* Soldier or non-combat role.
* General appearance, attitude and color scheme.
BloodReaperWolf

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:58 pm

I tried to download and turn the file into a bin file but all it does is make my PC lag and become non-functional for 10-20 sec then show nothing under the cohhilition import section. Am I doing it wrong or does win 10 corrupt those types of file changes?
GT on all consoles and Steam is BloodReaperWolf.
I don't accept friend requests from private accounts I like to know who I am accepting a friend request from.
Berelath

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:08 pm

Or the game dont like name changes. The same happens when you change name.bin to name2.bin. I have to find a way to share the file then. Unless someone allow upload of *.bin files *wink wink*
Berelath

Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:05 pm

[QUOTE="bloodreaperwolf, post: 31917, member: 25193"]I tried to download and turn the file into a bin file but all it does is make my PC lag and become non-functional for 10-20 sec then show nothing under the cohhilition import section. Am I doing it wrong or does win 10 corrupt those types of file changes?[/QUOTE]

Alright, lets see if this works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5t5lax3eu64bw ... n.bin?dl=0
BloodReaperWolf

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:42 am

dropbox worked I see the characters now
GT on all consoles and Steam is BloodReaperWolf.
I don't accept friend requests from private accounts I like to know who I am accepting a friend request from.
Berelath

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:15 am

Thanks to Thehuntison24 in stream chat to point out this.

A cohhilition flag to use in Xcom 2. I dont think i will add this to the chars. Might mess up the savegame. So people can choose to use it or not.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=