New Game Plus, changes to the Cohhilition & moar!

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.
CohhCarnage

Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Hey guys!

So a lot is happening in March here on our channel! Firstly, let’s talk about the team changes.

I’ve joined a group of professional streamers in a new venture called New Game Plus. What is New Game Plus and how will it change the stream? The short answer is this: New Game Plus represents a change in the stream itself. Over the last couple years, the stream has gone from Hobby to Dream to Profession. New Game Plus is the representation of that last word: Profession. NG+ is a group of professional streamers, who are all stations in their own regard, working together to further their career on Twitch. It’s designed from the ground up with teamwork in mind, group sponsorships/promotions and “Twitch End-game” as a focus.

So that brings us to the next question…

“If you’re helping lead New Game Plus, what happens to your current stream team, The Cohhilition?”

The Cohhilition started as a group of people from my personal streaming community that I felt were great streamers but needed that extra bit of exposure. Over time, it became much less of that and much more of “friends of Cohh” team. Over the last couple years, we’ve invited many big names to the team with the express purpose of extending communication, networking and the like. The team was performing admirably to its nature (of networking and communication), but started to greatly lose focus in the promotion of smaller streamers from within our community. NG+ and the changes I’m making to the Cohhilition have that exact concept in mind.

I’m making some big changes to the Cohhilition in the coming weeks. We’ll be releasing most of our established streamers, reopening recruitment to streamers from the Cohhilition community and focusing more on getting exposure where it’s needed. Although I’ll be in and representing New Game Plus, you’ll actually be hearing a lot more about Cohhilition as we move forward from my channel. As I’ve learned in the last few years, different streamers (and streamers in different positions of their career) all need different things from teams. The Cohhilition, before now, had so many different types of streamers in it that it wasn’t agile enough to really do much of… Well… Anything. Smaller streamers got lost in the list behind the big names, the established streamers weren’t getting deals or sponsor opportunities due to the sheer size of the team… It lacked focus. Everything I’m doing now is to bring that focus back to where it started, while allowing those from the team (that were foundational members and already established) a venue to continue their professional Twitch careers.

So here are where the teams heading:

The Cohhilition - A group of starter/growing streamers that can use exposure, promotion and inclusion from my overall streaming community based in my personal channel. These are streamers that do not have Subscriber buttons (or have recently aquired them) or are still working to that 500+ viewer mark, AKA “growing streamers”. The Cohhilition will have an internal team manager and we’ll soon be hooking in some bot mechanics to help with promotion on other social media as well. The Cohhilition will be, as where it started, a team for promoting streamers from within my personal community on Twitch. The point of the Cohhilition will be growth, exposure and making that leap from Hobby/Dream to Professional.

New Game Plus - This will be my new home as a professional Twitch streamer. A small, agile group of individuals, all who carry their own weight (and don’t need the extra promotion of the Cohhilition) and have established themselves as successful Twitch entities. NG+ is much more “business” oriented; it requires full time representation, optional inclusion in deals/sponsorships, monthly meetings, has a full-time & paid manager, business representation, etc. Similarly to the path my channel has taken over the last couple years, New Game Plus represents the next step in bringing that thinking to a team format. Every streamer in New Game Plus also adheres to this thinking and together we can help each other get to where we want to be. The point of New Game Plus is taking established streamers and allowing them to function in a cohesive team unit that will facilitate their upward mobility on Twitch and as a career streamer.

This change has been a long time coming. It has been a good while now that I’ve been thinking about doing this type of action and now is the time to make it happen. I’m extremely excited about the future of both teams and am looking forward to bringing in many new faces to the Cohhilition.

On that note, recruitment information (on how to join the Cohhilition) will be available later in March. :D

Thanks for taking the time to read this! If you have any questions, drop by the channel when I’m live and I’ll do my best to answer them. Thanks guys!
ManMouseGames

Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:33 pm

I love what you're doing Sir Cohh, we need more of you in the twitch community! I have a man crush :D <3
SeanAugust

Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:46 pm

Sounds like a great move. Can't wait to see how the teams function moving forward.
Redeyedmonster

Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:51 pm

[ATTACH=full]1509[/ATTACH]
BrianM550

Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:59 pm

Sounds like awesome things are happening bro. Can't wait to see what these changes bring in the future.
SelfIgnition

Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:03 am

Sounds very exciting :) Fo R me, as a viewer it is still difficult to grasp the idea behind 'stream teams' in their current format. It seems it is just a group of friends, like a guild in a game, but their goals are hidden far far away from the public. Glad to see someone redefine the status quo.
HCRonald

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:33 am

Good things are happening!
DjGoatFather

Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:33 am

This is so weird... i started reading a FanFic called "New Game Plus" 2 days ago and how this xD
gamerMonkk

Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:37 am

Very well played Sir! Congrats Cohh, onwards and upwards!
Feel free to add me on steam:
novafreez3

Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:43 am

I hope there won't be any mistaken identity between the new NG+ group and existing twitch streamers with similar usernames like newgameplustv and ngameplus
Ryuenjin

Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:40 pm

This is amazing news! Good luck with NG+ and I look forward to seeing the details for the new Cohhilition.
MavenOfMisfortune

Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:45 pm

I am incredibly excited about this! I would love to be a part of the Cohhilition stream group! It's great you're doing this for all of us starting streamers hoping to improve and grow. =)
Blagsterr

Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:02 pm

Onward and Upward indeed! Glad to see Ello is onboard too.
blondieshanks

Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:33 pm

This sounds like a great business decision, as well as being healthy for the Cohhilition community. I am hyped. Best of luck Cohh!
Ravynstorm

Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:35 pm

Moving Cohhilition to a purely community-based network feels great, considering the team has been built around its astounding community! I hear so much about what makes a great streamer, how a streamer can build his stream; but that last step - a network that actually supports your efforts - can be the biggest leap upward from a sea of a million other streamers. Let's face it: Twitch isn't novelty anymore. Getting a foot in the game is a struggle against over a million others to capture a stable share of that 100 million viewers incoming each month.

Can't wait to see where this goes! I look forward to clicking on Cohhilition stream team and seeing a bunch of new faces to check out!
nate_d313

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Rock on brother. Keep it up! :cool:
ProgrammerSam

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:58 pm

It is so nice to see this kind of help and support for the small streamers, who I know will eventually grow in time. This is also great to see the professionals come together to work towards a common goal and get some awesome deals--they deserve it. I cannot wait to see how this turns out. Looking forward to meeting a lot of new faces and teamup with everyone I can.