Memory Leak watching Twitch

delak606

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:05 am

Hello Everyone,

Looking for some advice on either what could be causing a memory leak while watching Twitch with any browser (Chrome, Firefox, and IE 11.x) and how to fix it or a different way to watch twitch streams that is not so memory heavy?

I usually watch from my work laptop so I do have some policy I need to follow on what can be installed on the system.

Thanks for any advice.

Delak606
FuraiTHD

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:28 am

Are you sure you're having memory leak? That's rather weird. Unless you just mean high RAM usage - that's not necessarily a memory leak. Just that twitch player needs a lot to buffer and stuff. Memory leak happens when the resources are not freed at all and RAM constantly goes up.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."
Saltymuffingaming

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:58 am

If you are using Chrome, it tend to devour ram for no reason at times, especially if its been open for a long time. For systems that have less ram i always recommend Firefox (while i prefer chrome, its more stable) simply because of the system requirements. I've never heard of a browser causing a memory leak. Can you describe what is happening?