Elite: Dangerous Beauty-thread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
Ikarit

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:27 pm

Heya Guys!
I feel like we have to document some of the awesome things we come across in the Universe to show how beautiful and/ or awesome Elite is! I'll make a start with a Federal Corvette being repaired at a Station, very artistic composed in front of an planet :) :) :

Feel free to post your own sightings! I'm very looking forward to see what this universe has up its sleeves!

See you around! :)
Penoxi

Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:07 pm

IceCool666 and I found these weird rock formations. Image
IceCool666

Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:49 am

Got some more pictures from my and Penox's little weekend getaway :p

[ATTACH=full]1788[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1789[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1790[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1791[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]1792[/ATTACH]
Tivios

Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Well HERRO felose commander's!

So i was on a big journey this saturday 14th and the "GOAL" was make a contact with a ALIENS !! :eek: I know little bit "SPOOPY", so i started from first step visit a unknown structure more know as a "barnacle" so i found that but problem is that i didn't make a pic :( so i put a pic from a internet that i find and a coordinates was a System "MEROPE" planet "MEROPE 5C" and surface coordinates -026.3496, -156.4044
After that i have visited a ALIEN CRASH SITE, and hare i found a "UNKNOWN ARTEFACT" i took it (be careful with that cargo is toxic it will damage your ship and your ship internal's). I found it in a System "HIP 17862" on a planet "HIP 17862 6 C A" and coordinates was approximately "30.32, -98.58" (on a mountain)
Little bit lather i took off from this planet and then i was thinking what if i drop that "UNKNOWN ARTEFACT" so i jumped out off a supercruiser and JETTISON that "UA" it was marvelous view take a look ;)
So after this i "COOP" it back and then i start a search on the functioning "UNKNOWN SHIP" i jumped for a good amount of time in all different systems that are called "Pleiades Sector" i made maybe 20 or maybe more jumps and then was something different something unusual on that one jump. that jump was a "GOAL" jump. I was just sitting like a duck and just look like this emot :eek: this is a pic of my first contact with "ALIENs"
So COMMANDER's i hope you like my journey and i hope you will have that to because this is worth of experience :)

GOOD LUCK COMMANDERS
COMMANDER TIVIOS sins out ;)
▼Contact me via this contacts▼
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheDragonas
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/tivios (not streaming)
Gmail: tuomis.td@gmail.com
or http://cohhilition.com/ (via PM)
All impresion works you can find in hare: http://tivios.imgur.com
Portfolio in DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1gb2h01no20g ... V-nXa?dl=0
squidbilly_apocalypse

Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:08 pm

[QUOTE="Ikarit, post: 40534, member: 12907"]Heya Guys!
I feel like we have to document some of the awesome things we come across in the Universe to show how beautiful and/ or awesome Elite is! I'll make a start with a Federal Corvette being repaired at a Station, very artistic composed in front of an planet :) :) :

Feel free to post your own sightings! I'm very looking forward to see what this universe has up its sleeves!

See you around! :) [/QUOTE]
I like it. Will try and capture some Neutron Stars in the Core
Penoxi

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:16 pm

So I've equipped my littleAsp Explorer for a ~140k LY trip. Main goals of the trip are to visit the currently known alien sites, Mount Nerverest, Colonia and The Dobbelgangers, and any interesting points of interest along the way. Beagle Point might be a stretch for now.

This was the first volcanic planet I came across on my journey. I would have loved to land on it and maybe sacrifice my little SRV to the spacegods.
Penoxi

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:20 pm

I made it to the HIP 17862 6 C A (Coordinates : 30.33 / -98.58).

Took me a while to figure out why I couldn't see anything of importance.. Lat & Long must be wrong way around.. I'm just a derp, nevermind :P

Got this awesome view though Image
Baze_Ezra

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Just a few of my shots from misadventures on my ASP Explorer:

Departing station after first purchasing it:

Scooping in a Binary star system during the first (failed) attempt to reach Colonia.

"docking" with Jokunytvaan's Anaconda.

[edit] Additions, as I hate double-posting, experimenting with taking screenshots while jumping between systems while limping home from a failed attempt to reach Colonia... Image

And a much needed, and very dangerous fuel stop along the path (was almost out of fuel and jumped in to this view)