Death Counter & Soundboard by Kalejin

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Kalejin, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Kalejin

Kalejin Active Member
    Website Sub Twitch Sub Legacy Web Sub

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Hello Cohhilition!

This application allows you to keep a track of deaths or pretty much anything else. You can assign keys to count up, down and cycle through counters. This way you can use a lot of counters without having to AltTab out of game. It also enables you to assign sounds to be played by pressing keys.

[​IMG]

Tutorial for v3.7.0.0:

Installation:
    • Download the newest version and run the installation. Choose the directory where the application will be installed. You can uninstall the application by running the Uninstall.exe or using Uninstall a program in Control panel.
    Counters:
    • List of counters is located on the left side, you can have multiple counters.
    • To add a counter press the ADD button at the bottom of the list, program will ask for it's name and location of .txt file that will contain the number that you are counting. You can use existing file, or you can create a new one by right clicking in the directory>New>Text document and fill its name.
    • To remove counter select it and press the REMOVE button at the bottom of the list.
    • You can change counter name, path to .txt file or count by double clicking on it.
    • You control only the selected counter (you can it select by mouse), you can increment/decrement the counter by pressing the +/- buttons at the bottom of the list.
    • Counters can be controlled by pressing keyboard keys even when the program is not focused or is minimized. Use * on the numerical keyboard to select counter that you want to control and increment/decrement it by pressing +/- keys on the numerical keyboard.
    • Keys for controlling counters can be changed in Settings>Key bindings. Double click the button of the key that you want to change and a dialog pops up. You can assign a single key by pressing it. You can also use key combinations, let's say that you want to use Shift and * to cycle through counters. You have to press the Shift key, hold it down and then press * and release it.
    Sounds:
    • List of sounds is located on the right side, you can have multiple sounds to play.
    • To add a sound press the ADD button at the bottom of the list, program will ask for it's name, location of the sound file (.wma(NAudio does not support .wma) .mp3 and .wav files are supported) and keyboard key that will play that sound. When selecting sound file you can select a single one or multiple ones. When you select multiple files, the program will play random one of those every time you press the assigned key. Even for playing sounds you can use single key or key combinations (see the last paragraph of the Counters section).
    • To remove sound select it and press the REMOVE button at the bottom of the list.
    • You can change sound name, path to file or key by double clicking on it.
    • You can play selected sound by pressing the PLAY button on the bottom of the list and you can stop playing sound by pressing the PAUSE button.
    • Playing sound is possible by pressing the assigned key even when the program is not focused or is minimized. You can play only one sound at a time.
    • Volume control is located above list of sounds. Click on the button and drag it to left to decrease the volume or to right to increase the volume.
    • In settings you can choose between WMP and NAudio to play sounds. WMP is more reliable but does not let you change output device. NAudio allows you to choose device but can not play wma files. This way with Virtual Audio Cable and some setup you will be able to reroute the sounds to input device and make them play through voice chat.
    Other:
    • You can resize the window and move splitter between lists (click on the gap between the lists and drag it to left or right). By moving the splitter all the way to side you can hide counters or sounds, but they will still work. You can resize columns of lists.
    • In Settings > Other > Disable you can disable counters and/or sounds.
    How to display counter in OBS:
    • Right click Sources>Add>Text, enter name and check option "Use Text From File", click browse and find txt file that is attached to counter in my program.
    Latest changelog:

Deathcounter & Soundboard v3.9.5.2
    - Fix crashes for localized versions of Windows
    - Add increment option to counters

Please read:

If you come across any bug, something stops working or the program crashes PLEASE LET ME KNOW either here in the thread, send me a message or email me to jany.hricke@gmail.com . Please include as many information as you can provide (any error messages, what stopped working, what were you doing when it happened, what version are you using...).
    Usually restarting the program/running it as an administrator helps.
    The newest version never contains any bugs that I know of, there is only so much testing I can do and some bugs can be system specific. So please help yourself by helping me and let me know when something goes wrong.
    Thank you.

Known issues:

In version 3.7 the app should automatically detect this issue and use NAudio library. Application uses Windows Media Player library to play sounds and will not work if you have Media Features/Windows Media Player turned off in Windows features or if you have N or KN version of Windows. You can fix this by enabling the Media Features/Windows Media Player feature or by manually installing Windows Meda Player.

XSplit users will have to use broadcaster version in order to display deathcounter on stream.
    Also if DC&SB is not run as an administrator XSplit will intercept hotkeys when focused.

Download links:

Newest version (if the download does not work chceck your AntiVirus whether it is not blocking it, especially avast users)
    Older versions
    Changelog
    Source code on GitHub

#1 Kalejin, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. Kiratze

Kiratze Good vibes all day, EVERY day!

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Awesome work!

3. Kalejin

Kalejin Active Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Thank you :)

4. bluevelvyt

bluevelvyt New Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    phenomenal, been looking all over the web, you could be one of the few making a universal counter, I would market this some way, awesome work and thank you, I will use it

jclark23 likes this.
  5. Kalejin

Kalejin Active Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Thank you too! :D I am just working on next version, that will enable you to rebind keys

6. Babadoe

Babadoe New Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    You're amazing for this Kalejin!

7. Kalejin

Kalejin Active Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Thank you :)

8. CohhCarnage

CohhCarnage Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Website Sub Twitch Sub Legacy Web Sub

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    This is a fantastic piece of software. I highly recommend this to anyone who is streaming!

Heimergingerr likes this.
  9. Kalejin

Kalejin Active Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Thank you Cohh! You're a BAMF!!!

MechaToast likes this.
  10. CommanderFlynn

CommanderFlynn Dual-Wielding Flynn-bomb

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    This looks really simple to set up for someone like me who struggles to get stuff working!
    Most likely I shall be using this in the future! =D

11. Kalejin

Kalejin Active Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Thank you :D

12. Kalejin

Kalejin Active Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    new version is up! :cool:

ashrak_ likes this.
  13. bluevelvyt

bluevelvyt New Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Again, not much to say, but I will anyway, I use it, I love it, now I can add more sound effects, just awesome, I haven't tried the new version yet, but I have one question.

I noticed that when the number of deaths on your program for say "Me" or say, "Companions" are selected, the number turns red and the last death counter I had up turns black, and then if you switch, they reverse colors, nbd really, just changes the color on the overlay, was wondering if there was any way to control the color of the number text (come to think of it, if I could control the color of the actual gui you use, that would be awesome to, I know, nothing is ever good enough eh :p) for so when I screen capture it I could choose a color or just have one default color for both?

Thanks Again Man, awesome work.

14. Kalejin

Kalejin Active Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Thanks! :D

So you just want to be able to change the color that highlights selected counter? If that's the case it shouldn't be a problem and I'll include it in the next update. :p

15. bluevelvyt

bluevelvyt New Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Do you have a website or twitch link or something, I am trying to figure out how to donate you some cash for what you have put together. I tried looking you up on twitch but didn't see anything under your forum name, let me know, and yeah, exactly what you said about the colors, if they all stay one color, like black, when selecting another thing, like sound, that would be awesome :)

Thanks
    Blue

16. Kalejin

Kalejin Active Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    You can deselect counter by clicking on empty spot in counters list and that way they all turn black. Maybe that helps until I make a new update.
    Well I don't have a website or anything of that sort, but I put in the first post an email to which you can send me donations via PayPal (it is just before Changelog section) and big thanks if you do so :)

17. CommanderFlynn

CommanderFlynn Dual-Wielding Flynn-bomb

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    and now we have a Soundboard...
    Dude...you need to sell this, you'd make a killing! =D

18. Kalejin

Kalejin Active Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Hehe, thanks :D

19. axelros1998

axelros1998 New Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Seems great i have a question tho, how do i select it in obs or do i need to have a window capture on it?

20. Kalejin

Kalejin Active Member

Tokens:
    Current Level:
    Thank you :).
    I am not a streamer and I have never used OBS. So I am not sure, but from what I have found you can add Text Source and select a txt file.