Cohh is expensive in both time and money

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
Knowledge1970

Thu May 04, 2017 9:55 am

Relatively recent newcomer to Cohh's streams, but since I've started watched (from work I might add) I have bought ME Andromeda, Neir Automata and now PUBG. Thing is, I don't have time to play them. I've not seriously gamed in months due to RL. Yet he makes them look so damn fun I purchase with the 'one day I'll play' mentality. Gah! I should at least wait for sales :-(

That's the power of a great streamer and an amazing community. Glad to be here now.
Speedwar88

Fri May 05, 2017 3:44 am

I sorta come from the other side of the spectrum, cohh saves me money by playing games that i would otherwise buy. so technically i play games through cohh by watching him. ;)
running_in_spite

Sat May 06, 2017 9:46 am

I agree with Speedwar88. It's great because I lose interest in games so quickly. I keep buying games thinking I'll play them, but I never do. Watching Cohh satisfies my need for gaming, but also lets me walk away and watch again later. He's saving me money! Plus the community is so wonderful, it's always a great experience.
AvanCade

Sat May 06, 2017 5:24 pm

As Speedwar88 mentioned; it's a double edged sword. Personally I wouldn't buy Prey 2 but it's entertaining enough to wach. Saved me €60 right there. That being said; I've also bought some games because I liked them when Cohh played them. Even though I already have a lot of unplayed games.
Nehtor_Conadrin

Mon May 08, 2017 8:53 am

Man, I know where you're coming from. I've bought way too many games because Cohh made them look fun. I was originally thinking I'd just watch Prey, because I wasn't really interested. But dang it, now I am. XD
Same with FFXV, Nioh and Horizon...
I mean, I can't complain because I really really really enjoy the games and actually do play through them, but still, I'm too impressionable. XD
EightGalaxies

Mon May 08, 2017 10:48 am

I think its on both sides. Cohhs current Prey walkthrough makes me want to buy it but also doesn't since I sort of know whats going to happen now.
Nehtor_Conadrin

Mon May 08, 2017 11:14 am

[QUOTE="eightgalaxies, post: 43909, member: 11995"]I think its on both sides. Cohhs current Prey walkthrough makes me want to buy it but also doesn't since I sort of know whats going to happen now.[/QUOTE]

Oh definitely, I have a high tolerance for spoilers and like to "Feel" a game by playing it, but I'm not going to watch his second playthrough so I don't run into a game-fatigue kinda thing. So for the time being, I'll try and figure out if I want to shell out the cash for the game, but knowing me, I've got the CohhGame bug and will probably buy it in the end. XD
AvantOfEredon

Tue May 09, 2017 1:25 am

[QUOTE="Speedwar88, post: 43828, member: 6748"]I sorta come from the other side of the spectrum, cohh saves me money by playing games that i would otherwise buy. so technically i play games through cohh by watching him. ;) [/QUOTE]
This. I would have never gotten to enjoy horizon zero dawn if it wasn't for Cohh.
judostar25

Tue May 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Well for me, I view Cohh as he plays every game so I don't have to. If I see a game I enjoy, I'll buy it for myself. Because of Cohh I bought Fallout: NV, Fallout 4 (with the season pass), Stardew Valley, the entire ME trilogy (including most DLC) and I'm contemplating buying ME:A. Games like Paradigm I would have never even seen/touch if it wasn't for Cohh lol. Albeit I didn't buy it but it was enjoyable to watch. Only game I didn't buy because of Cohh (that he did play for a month) was The Witcher 3 because I deliberately didn't watch him play it and previously played TW1 and TW2 so it was an easy buy for me.
Mass Effect Enthusiast, Licensed Witcher, Post-Apocalyptic Survivor, Dragon Killer and Rambo extraordinaire. Oh and also a Whovian.
Coldfire989

Wed May 31, 2017 11:35 am

[QUOTE="Speedwar88, post: 43828, member: 6748"]I sorta come from the other side of the spectrum, cohh saves me money by playing games that i would otherwise buy. so technically i play games through cohh by watching him. ;) [/QUOTE]
This is me in a nutshell as well lol.
mahtay

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:40 pm

agreed Since I joined I am picking up more titles that I used to. It helps to see him play and comment. For instance, I just bought a copy of rimworld, and I am enjoying it!